Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pork Tenderloin Potatoes

Recently I had a few pork tenderloins in my freezer that were pre-seasoned.  They were on sale, and I thought they would make a nice quick meal.  And to go along with it, I thought sliced potatoes would be a perfect compliment.
They were! and so easy to make.

So here's how to do it.

Take your tenderloin and read the cooking instructions. Set the oven to whatever it says.
Next, take a few potatoes, and slice them very thin. I used the mandolin for this.
Put your tenderloin in a square cake pan diagonally, then on both sides start to layer the potatoes.  Place a layer of potatoes, then spritz with a butter spray (melted butter brushed on would work as well) then sprinkle with salt.  Continue this layering until you have used your potatoes.

Bake it as directed.  You will definitely want  to use your meat thermometer, as the potatoes added into the pan does cause the tenderloin to cook slower. I think I had to add about 20-30 minutes extra, but it was in 10 minute increments, so I'm really not sure how long it took in total. 

The top potatoes will be crispy, the layers underneath very nice and soft.  If needed, you can take the pork out when it's finished and cook the potatoes longer, just use a fork to test doneness.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment