Saturday, October 15, 2011

Getting ready

For next weeks shopping trip. Can't make recipes properly if you don't have all the ingredients.... and since we live at least 30 minutes from any grocery store, the last thing I want to do in the middle of cooking is go to the store.


But for the record I still disagree with my High School home Ec teacher... and agree with the student in the class. The question was "what is the one thing in your house you do not want to not have when you need it" The student answered "toilet paper" and with a glare the teacher said "no. Vanilla."

um. no. vanilla is not a necessity of life. you can always stop mid recipe and run to get some. I know, I've done it, the recipe turned out fine. On the other hand... recall the episode of Daria where they ran out of toilet paper.

Anyway. Getting back to the point, here is a snapshot of my desktop.



Gotta be organized if you are going to cook. Otherwise you have all the spices and sauce but no noodles. And that makes things too interesting. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment